A very simple question

For general 64bit Menuet questions and coding.
fbrzvnrnd

A very simple question

Post by fbrzvnrnd » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:08 am

Hi, I'm testing MenuetOS on a VirtualBox on mac. There is a very basic topic I can not understand: I'm starting the OS from M64CD15000.iso and I asked to Virtualbox to create a virtual hard disk. I don't understand how install MenuetOS in the virtual hard disk. Now, when I try to change the CONFIG.MNT or save a text file in FD/1, it disappear when I restart the machine and if I try to save a text file in HD/1 nothing happens. I think I'm doing something very ridiculous wrong, but I'm clueless. Any suggestions are welcome.

menuetosor
Site Admin

Re: A very simple question

Post by menuetosor » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:10 pm

In VirtualBox, one way to save your work is to use the downloadable floppy image for booting (not cd). So when you have made modifications to the files at /fd/1, use menu/system/cache2fd application to write the data to image. Then modifications should be available for next booting. Also, you can use ftp for uploading and downloading files (both cd and fd) from host system to the Menuet client OS (intel i8254 driver emulation at virtualbox). When running Menuet in a real computer, use usb drive.

fbrzvnrnd

Re: A very simple question

Post by fbrzvnrnd » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:53 am

Thank you for the answer: it worked!