Spam problem

For all the opinionated extra stuff.
macgub

Spam problem

Post by macgub » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:44 am

Ville, I noticed you have such problem several times. Perhaps some capcha check at registration formular can help :?: I think there is not needed google check, such option can be programmed manually. Just some random pictures and question according to it. Similar problem I have, when I introduced guest book form at my home page. Quick I get huge spam list and I decide to close my visitor book.

villemt

Re: Spam problem

Post by villemt » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:31 pm

I've added picture recognition question and also email verification step. Lets see if those do the job. Or atleast reduce the spam.

Groorklidlisp

-

Post by Groorklidlisp » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:49 pm

The reason is most spammers fit a profile...they are new members..they come form certain countires...they exploit weaknesses found in certain email services at any given time. It is time comsuming to manually remove spam...after spammers have been let in. Most spammers give up very easily...and don't have the nerve to contact Tech Support and get themselves manually added.

So the downside of loosening the profile falls on the mods...who are volunteers and come to do things they find interesting...deleting spam ins't one of them.

So contact Tech Support and ask to be manually added...and pursuade them your not really a spammer with the nerve to ask